IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2018/2019 SEASON:
(all dates are firm, unless specifically labeled "tentative")
Registration - June 1 to August 31, 2018
First Day of Practice - Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Parent Meeting - Wednesday, September 19, 2018 (5:45 - 6:00 for all NEW parents to the program or anyone who would like to attend; 6:00 - 6:15 for ALL Parents, no exceptions. Every child must have ONE parent attend the last 15 minutes of the meeting. An alternate date will be set for parents who cannot attend on this day.) This is your chance to provide us with written notification about potential recurring conflicts that your child may have due to other sports or activities.
One practice per week - September and October (Wednesdays 4:15 - 6:15 PM)
Two practices per week - November, December, January* (with a break for Christmas) (Wednesdays 5- 7:15 PM and Saturday mornings 8:30 - 10:45 AM - some exceptions due to gym blackout dates)
Cheering at basketball games -
- November - Thanksgiving weekend Turkey Bowl (both squads welcome, not mandatory)
- December - possibly 1 game per week for Varsity, possibly 1 game per week for Minis
- January* - 2 games per week for Varsity; 1-2 games per week for Minis
* Please note: this is our busiest month - we cheer, cheer, cheer!
- February - depends on playoff schedule and how far we advance
Stand Up & Cheer Day - Sunday, October 21, 2018 *please note change of date*
- This is a mandatory cheer camp hosted by Bishop Shanahan High School Cheerleaders. Based on last year, we can estimate the time to be 12PM - 5PM. Both squads will attend. This is a drop-off event.
Martin Luther King Day Mandatory Cheer Camp - Monday, January 21, 2019
- This practice is critical for final competition preparations. Anyone who cannot attend this practice cannot participate in the competitions. No exceptions. At this time, we expect that the Mini squad will practice from 9AM - Noon and Varsity will practice from 11:30AM - 3PM.
CYO Cheerleading Competition @ Bishop Shanahan High School - Sunday, January 27, 2019
- This is the most important event of the season. Parents will want to attend. Both squads participate. Based on last year, we can estimate that the time will be 12PM - 5PM.
St. Elizabeth School Pep Rally for Catholic Schools Week - Friday, February 1, 2019
- Team members that do not attend our parish school are strongly encouraged to join us. Transportation can be provided, if that is a problem. A short practice at 2pm, is followed by a school-wide Pep Rally to close out Catholic Schools Week at 2:30PM. We recognize all basketball program participants and perform our competition routines for the school students. Parents are welcome to attend.
One additional competition - date and event TBD (will be in January or February)
- This competition will be attended by our Varsity squad only.
End of Season Banquet - February 23, 2019 (tentative - must be cleared with SEAM calendar)
- We attend 5:30 PM mass, then go to the social hall for a pizza party. There will be individual recognition of team members at this event. Families are welcome to attend.